Ko-fi

You're a book lover? You need to see these!

 


We're all book lovers here and we love bookish things. Book blogs, bookish gifts and treats, bookish places, and, of course, books themselves! So, if a round-up of a few bookish things were to come your way, there may just be something within that that piqued your interest. But, where might such a round-up be found? Well, funny you should ask . . .


If you're into book blogs, you could do a lot worse than checking out Linda's Book Bag, which is really what my own blog wants to be when it grows up and stops all its nonsense! 

Linda's book blog is well written, and offers reviews on books from various genres, including crime, thrillers, romance, and children's books. You can tell the content is written with a passion for the subject, a passion which is present in every published post. But, the real reason I include Linda's blog here is simple; it is the blog that has inspired in me most often the desire to make another book purchase.

But, maybe your "to be read" pile is already straining your bookshelves. What then? Well, you could take that desire for another bookish purchase and go see Team Asthers! With bookish products like bookmarks, journals, and tote bags you are spoilt for choice!

They make great gifts (or a little treat for yourself) for the self described bibliophile. I love the designs on their cool classics bookmarks, and think their site is well worth the visit. You can also find them on Twitter and Instagram.

However, maybe you just cannot wait to get another book on your shelves. And, who could blame you? We, all of us here, buy books quicker than we can read them.

Well, if that's the case, I urge you to consider visiting your local independent bookshop. If you're in my part of the world, that might mean a visit to The Eagle Bookshop. Now that businesses are opening up again, our smaller independent bookshops need our help. And, if the booklovers aren't going to do their bit, who will?

Still, it isn't always possible to get to the shops. So, in that case, consider visiting Bookshop.org (which also has a site for American book buyers). Bookshop is a fantastic site that supports independent bookshops; 10% of what is spent by customers goes into an overall earnings pool and this is then, every six months, shared between the participating independent bookshops. And, during Indie Bookshop Week (19 - 26 June 2021), that 10% is going to increase to 20% - sounds like a good week to make book buys.

If Jeff Bezos can afford to get in to space, I don't think he and his ilk will miss your contribution to their coffers. But, the local bookshops sure might be grateful you dropped by - especially with how independent businesses have been impacted by the pandemic.

As for books themselves, I am currently reading The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred Year Old Man by Jonas Jonasson, which I am thoroughly enjoying thus far, with William Boyd's A Good Man in Africa on the side, to keep me on my toes. I will be discussing both in future posts, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

None of the links in this post will take you to anyone that is going to pay me for sending you to them. There are no commissions involved this time. I just really like what these people are doing, and maybe you will like them too.


If you like what I am doing, please consider following/supporting me over at ko-fi where I update followers on many of my writerly endeavours, including what's going on here at my rather bookish blog. Every donation makes a difference, but if you can't donate right now, please do consider a follow.

Thank you, and see you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. What a lovely post to find Philip. I'm just back from a few days away and your kind and generous comments about my blog have made me feel very special. Thank you so much. And all the very best with your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. I enjoy reading your blog. As I say, it has had me taking notes - both on how I might learn from you as a blogger, but also scribbling down quite a few of the titles you have reviewed. My ever expanding list of intended purchases will put a strain on my bank account and my bookshelves in the near future!
      Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are welcome. Hope you find something you like!

      Delete