Ko-fi

How Does a Master Procrastinator Get Down to Creating Bookish Blog Content?

 


The central theme of this blog was always going to be books, books, books. But, when I started, I was unsure as to exactly what I wanted to say. I came to the conclusion that I would simply write about the books I read. It was a simple idea, but whoever said things had to be complex to work?

I did, however, eventually decide to diverge now and then. Hence why I describe this little space of mine as my "rather bookish blog", as opposed to a book blog. I don't always discuss books, but instead have opted to, now and then, discuss bookish things. And, that approach seems to have served me quite well - my last post on bookish interests had a larger readership than some posts in which I've reviewed, analysed, and discussed books!

Our passion for books extends along the full spectrum of bookish things! And, I love chatting with you all about other book blogs, and that Etsy shop that sells bookish themed products, and concerns around the books we love.


Looking back at earlier posts, it's plain to see that I lacked direction. The posts ramble along, aimlessly wandering, until they tire themselves out. And, I sometimes wonder if I ought to go back and alter them, improve upon them. Not to fix broken links, or update the images. Not in the interest of improving the readership of those posts. But, just to improve the writing, bring them up to standard.

However, I sort of like that they are there. A reminder that things have improved, that this blog has grown and matured. It's like markers on a doorframe, marking the growth of a child. Or, perhaps, marking the height of floodwaters past. Whichever seems most appropriate to you.

I now believe that this blog has direction, and I have ambitions as a writer that inform that direction. It is those ambitions that get me to my laptop, get me typing. Those ambitions, and my passion for books. I do hope that that shines through everything else. Before this blog is about me trying to convince you to follow a link, or recommend a purchase to you, it is about my love for books. And yours too I hope. Because that's another reason we write and read bookish blogs, right? For the community, the friendship, the engagement with others who share our passion.

I write this blog because it is the sort of content I would enjoy reading! I sometimes try to tackle weightier subjects, such as how authors are paid, and sometimes I discuss reading challenges, just for fun. And, sometimes, as I originally intended, I discuss books that I have read. Whatever it is, I hope that it is enjoyable and interesting, both for me and you.


If you have found this post, or any others, enjoyable and interesting, please do consider following/supporting me over on ko-fi. Ko-fi is a platform for creatives and their followers. It makes supporting those folks whose work you enjoy super easy. All support is gratefully received and very much appreciated.

Thank you, and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment