Ko-fi

A day in the life of a book blogger

 

Disclaimer: if you should make a purchase through any of the links in this blog, I may earn a commission from the sellers, but this does not impact the cost to the consumer and it does not influence the content of this blog.


I'm afraid my first thoughts today were not bookish ones. No, my mind turned toward more horticultural matters.

I have come to stay at my parents house for a while because plumbers have been putting holes in the ceilings where I live. It's been a bit unpleasant, and I would have been left without a bathroom for days, so I threw myself on the mercy of mum and dad.

However, I have had to leave my potted plants behind. So, this morning, when I awoke, some of my first thoughts turned towards my flowers and my strawberry plants. I hope that they are doing all right.


I made up some egg fried rice and turned my thoughts towards my entrepreneurial endeavours. You see, I am starting up as a freelance content writer/copywriter. After losing work during lockdowns, and getting bored of waiting around for somebody else to give me a job, I decided to go for it and pursue an idea I had had for a while. I mean, I am already blogging (creating content/copy) for pleasure, and there are mofos (do people still say mofos? Should I ever have been saying mofos?) that get paid to do it!!


This is my second bookish blog post of the day. I wrote this one earlier. As you can see, I am not writing review posts today. One of the reasons for this is that I have left some notes on the last book I read, and could review, back at the flat . . . Not much use there! The other reason for the lack of a review post is that the last book I read is a book on grammar and I am not entirely sure there'd be much interest in that . . . Still, that concern hasn't stopped me before!


As well as my bookish blogging, I write a nature blog here. Nature and wildlife are, in many ways, more important to me than my love for books. I hope, if you'll give my little nature blog a chance, you won't hold that sentiment against me!


As I navigate the rest of the day, I will mostly be considering my blogging and my efforts in copywriting, in trying to start up my own business. But, because I don't want to be a dull boy, I shan't be all work and no play - I see a little lazy television viewing and a glass or two of something naughty in my not too distant future.


I hope your day has been a good one, and I hope that you enjoyed this read. If you did, perhaps you could buy me a coffee on ko-fi.com - the caffeine gets me through the day and brings me back to my keyboard where I can write all about it! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment