Ko-fi

Seven pick up lines for the single book lover - one for every day of the week!

 



Disclaimer: should you make any purchases through any of the links in this blog, Monsta Reader may earn a commission from the sellers. However, this has no impact on the cost to you as consumer, and it does not influence the content of this blog.


I cannot promise that any of these lines are going to lead to any bookishly romantic tropes becoming apparent in your life - falling in love with a millionaire or a time traveller anyone? And, even armed with these pick up lines, you may still find that the only thing you are taking to bed is a good book.

You may find these lines mildly amusing though. So, there's that . . .


1. "I want to show you my Secret Garden." (why, uh, beat about the bush? Ahem.)

With reference to The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.


2. Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day? Thou art more damn hot!

With reference to Shakespeare's Sonnet 18



3. "Damn! If you were print, I would have to squint to read you because you are too damn fine!"


4. "Give me a chance and I will do what I can to meet all of your Great Expectations."

With reference to the novel, Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.


(Unsolicited Dickens pics not advised)


5. "Dr. Jekyll on the streets, Mr. Hyde in the sheets, baby!"

Referencing The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.


6. "Now and then, I do love a bit of Philip K. . . . "

Referencing the author, Philip K. Dick, whose surname is, well, you know . . .


7. "We could build a beautiful library together."

Just a play on the old, "We could make beautiful music together."


Well, there you go. As promised, a bookish pick up line for every day of the week. Again, please do not be surprised if none of these are successful. This list is purely for the lulz.


If you enjoyed this rather tongue in cheek piece, you can buy me a coffee on ko-fi where I regularly post updates about this blog and other of my writerly endeavours; all support is received gratefully! It keeps me writing, so thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment